Why Choose Mesothelioma Attorney California, Not Ordinary Personal Injury Lawyers
Asbestos law as a specific area of legal practice is derived from the general area of personal injury law. California mesothelioma attorneys like Steven Kazan, founding partner of Kazan Law, were among the first to realize that the complexity of asbestos cases and the large number of unsuspecting people exposed to asbestos required a comprehensive legal focus area. According to research, 3,000 Americans face a mesothelioma diagnosis each year.
Mesothelioma is significantly different from other forms of injuries and diseases. It kills invisibly. He was exposed to asbestos, but for decades he had no symptoms. It could have been 50 years since the initial asbestos exposure when mesothelioma was diagnosed. Who will be able to recall the precise time and location of the asbestos exposure? Microscopic asbestos dust is tasteless and odorless. A mesothelioma patient’s former employers might have filed for bankruptcy. It’s possible that the asbestos-containing items that led to the exposure were stopped a long time ago. How do relatives of mesothelioma patients prepare for their cases? To assist them, they hire California mesothelioma attorneys.
Since the 1970s, certain California mesothelioma lawyers have concentrated heavily on this disease, building up a wealth of institutional expertise within their legal companies.
- Even if the companies in issue are no longer in business or are doing so under a different name, California mesothelioma attorneys are aware of which ones have been linked to asbestos exposure over the years.
- All items and jobs that might have exposed asbestos are known to California mesothelioma lawyers.
- They know which companies have filed for bankruptcy and established asbestos-related bankruptcy trusts.
- Also, they know if your case can be won, and if they believe it, they will fight for you to the Supreme Court.
A knowledge and experience base of this depth can only be built through focused expertise. It cannot be acquired by someone who is spread across many areas of personal injury law. For example, your family doctor may be a health professional you trust. But would you like me to operate on your brain? You would like to be in the hands of an experienced and trained neurosurgeon who is trained to be an expert in that specific area of medicine.
In addition, if you want to take legal action against asbestos, you need a lawyer who specializes in that specific area of law. Some California mesothelioma attorneys are good at what they do because that’s all they do. They do not handle other types of personal injury cases.
Why You Might Want to Hire a Mesothelioma Attorneys California
There are several reasons why you might want to hire a Mesothelioma attorneys California if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, a type of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. Here are some of the most important reasons:
1. Expertise: Mesothelioma attorney has specific expertise and knowledge about mesothelioma and the laws relating to asbestos exposure. They can help you navigate the complex legal system and understand your legal rights and options.
2. Compensation: The attorney can help you obtain compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages related to your mesothelioma diagnosis. They can also help you recover compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced.
3. Gathering evidence: They gather evidence to support your case, including medical records, employment history, and other documents related to your asbestos exposure.
4. Litigation: If necessary, a California mesothelioma attorney can represent you in court and fight for your rights to compensation. They can use their knowledge and experience to build a strong case on your behalf.
5. Peace of Mind: Hiring a mesothelioma attorney California can give you peace of mind during a difficult time. They can handle the legal aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on your health and well-being.
Overall, if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, it is highly recommended that you consult with a California mesothelioma attorney to discuss your legal options and get the help you need.
How Mesothelioma Attorney California Helps You
Mesothelioma attorneys California can help you in several ways if you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, a type of cancer caused by asbestos exposure. Here are some ways in which a mesothelioma attorney can assist you:
- Provide legal advice: A mesothelioma attorney can provide you with legal advice regarding your rights, the legal process, and the potential compensation you may be entitled to.
- Determine liability: They can investigate and determine who is liable for your asbestos exposure and subsequent diagnosis. This may include past employers, manufacturers, or other parties.
- File a lawsuit: A mesothelioma attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf to seek compensation for damages, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs.
- Negotiate settlements: Attorneys with mesothelioma can negotiate settlements with defendants or insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation without having to go to trial.
- Represent you in court: If necessary, a mesothelioma lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your rights and compensation in front of a judge and jury.
- Provide emotional support: A mesothelioma attorney can provide emotional support and guidance throughout the legal process, as dealing with a cancer diagnosis and legal matters can be overwhelming and stressful.
In short, mesothelioma attorneys California can be an invaluable resource for those diagnosed with mesothelioma as they can provide legal representation and support during a difficult time and help you seek justice and fair compensation for your illness.
California’s Favorable Laws for Mesothelioma
California has favorable laws and regulations to protect people diagnosed with mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Here are some key aspects of the California legal landscape that benefit mesothelioma patients:
1. Statute of Limitations: California has a longer statute of limitations for asbestos-related personal injury claims compared to many other states. In general, the statute of limitations allows victims to file a lawsuit within one year from the date of diagnosis or discovery of the disease, allowing more time to pursue legal action.
2. Joint and Several Liability: California follows the principle of joint and several liabilities, which means that multiple defendants in an asbestos lawsuit can be held collectively liable for damages. This is particularly beneficial in mesothelioma cases where asbestos exposure typically involves multiple parties such as manufacturers, suppliers, and employers.
3. Strict Liability Doctrine: California enforces strict liability in asbestos cases, making it easier for plaintiffs to hold asbestos companies liable for injuries caused by their products. Under this doctrine, it is not necessary to prove the defendant’s negligence, but rather the fact that the asbestos product was defective and caused damage.
4. Access to Asbestos Trust Funds: As part of their bankruptcy filings, many businesses that were subject to asbestos-related lawsuits created asbestos trust funds. These funds are intended to provide compensation to asbestos-exposure victims. Patients with mesothelioma in California may make claims against these trust funds for further compensation.
5. Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys: Due to the prevalence of asbestos-related diseases in California, there are numerous experienced mesothelioma attorneys who specialize in handling these cases. These attorneys have extensive knowledge of asbestos-related laws, regulations, and legal processes, which can greatly benefit mesothelioma patients seeking compensation.
Hence, it is important to consult with a qualified California mesothelioma attorney to understand the specific legal options available in your case and to navigate the complex legal landscape effectively.